Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Too old to be a fangirl?!

Hi, my name is not whatever that says in Gallifreyan, it's Stacey. Just plain old Stacey, emphasis on the old. Well okay so i'm only 31 and a quarter years old and age is just a number but as far as "fangirling" goes, I'm a fossil.

I love to read, I love to binge watch my favourite shows and I wait impatiently when Sherlock is on ANOTHER 2 year hiatus. 
I talk to my friends incessantly about Benedict Cumberbatch, the latest episode of Game of Thrones and demand answers to hard-hitting questions like "Where the hell is Benjen Stark?" and "Why haven't you read 'The Fault in Our Stars' yet?".

I'm also a Stay at home mum to 2 little girls. Miss 5, my Zoe Beetle and Miss 3, Lily Monster now and forevermore to be referred to as Beetle and Monster. I also have my fur babies Mr senior citizen, my big boy Dosca who in his old age does not appreciate the wild tumble bumble ways of our newest edition our 6 month old King Charles Cavalier X Loki, who is still in his "I'm going to chew and pee on anything left on the lounge room floor" stage. Living up to his namesakes catch phrase "I do what I want!"
I'm a wife too. My husband, well he's the "smile and nod" type of guy who sits through my "can't evens.." and my sobbing through book after book and never questions me when I decide to read the book again. 
The complete opposite to me, chalk and cheese. He loves being outside, fishing and camping and generally doing all that gross boy stuff that makes you sweaty and stinky, nature is what they call it, so I've heard. 
Me,go outside? Well only if I have to and you know what?! I'm bringing a book or my iPhone so I can go on YouTube and watch the latest vlog from John Green.

I mean I do have some sort of a social life, kind of. I mean I have to do the school run just like any other mum and I do like coffee mornings with my friend. 
Hey! It's not friend as in "singular" just one friend! I have others. Actually I have 2 others that are among the greatest loves of my life and I have a wonderful family and that's enough for me. Having a tonne of friends is overrated. The few I have are the perfect balance of "Girl, you need to get your head out of that book, away from that TV and stop obsessing about Miles Teller!" and "Lets go to the book store/ movies".

I don't have a filter between what goes through my mind and what comes out of my mouth. So I have created this blog as a way to give the "normal" people in my life a break from my "not so normal" ways. it doesn't matter if people don't read it.
I'm going to write my feelings about every book that breaks my heart, how I have AGES to wait until Sherlock starts again and WHERE THE HELL IS BENJEN STARK?!

So if you want to continue to listen to me droll on about how my kids can spot Doctor Who merchandise a mile away and how proud I am that my monster wants to sit and watch The Avengers with me AGAIN. Then please feel free to follow along.
I have alot to say about a lot of things and a lot of it doesn't matter to many people, so here I stand and here I stay.... No! Wait! That's Elsa's line, but you catch my drift.

Live long and Prosper. 
Old and almost certainly crazy Stacey.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment