Friday, 9 May 2014

Benadryl Cucumberpatch and why you're awesome for knowing what that means.

                           
I want to get his piece right. 
I have been writing a bit and then leaving it and coming back to it again.
It might be the only chance I get to explain why. 
Why Benedict is so important to me. But I can't find the right works. 
Why out of all the other actors on the planet, he's the one that produces the most "I can't evens...", makes me jump around hysterically when I come across a re-run of one of his episodes on the Graham Norton show and when my best friend brings me a poster from The Fifth Estate from her work I'm too nervous to hang it in case it gets ripped and then. That would make me die a little on the inside.
Benedict Cumberbatch is, in my opinion, the most talented actor of our time, and I will not be swayed by the haters. 
His looks don't enter the equation here. His looks aren't what matters.  
I'll spare you all of my emotional mumbling about how I can't even handle how glorious he is as Khan in Star Trek into Darkness, how I was rooting for him the whole time even though he was the bad guy! Damn it he was fantastic. 
Did you even see his guns in that movie? I am not talking about his phasers either peoples! (Psst, I'm talking about his muscles in case you missed the gag.)
Photo credit in the pic :) 
C'mon Khan't you see it? See what I did there? Oh never mind. 
I think my Husband is secure with my choice, I mean Ben is totally unreachable that's obvious to me. 
The thing is I don't know anyone that see's him like I do.
I mean have you even seen Sherlock? It's 9 episodes people, don't be lazy. 
                    
Sherlock was what sealed the deal.
Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock is the single most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Perfection in it's rawest form. 
As the high functioning Sociopath he is brilliant. 
Being a part of the Sherlock fandom is incredible exciting, the anticipation that is created by a 2 year hiatus is like nothing else you could imagine. The wait can literally put your mind in the strangest of places and we are know as the fandom that can't quiet hold it all together. Quiet literally "all mad around here". 
But all the best people are.

The "Cumbercollective" or the "Cumbercookies" who when in numbers are called the "Cumberbatch" are basically the fans that follow Ben, we are all his number 1 fans and we all love him and his quirky ways. Whether banding together on Pinterest, Tumblr or Facebook we are a powerful source and together there really isn't much we don't know about Ben. Doing so in a respectful way and those lucky enough to meet him know that as a collective we have vowed to respect his privacy and only a few rogue fans misbehave. 

I could go on and I probably will at some stage to the dismay of my friends and family and that strange guy at the bus stop that one time and my hairdresser and the girl who scans my groceries and even the self serve checkout has heard about our (totally one sided and completely fanatical) love. 

I'm not saying it's healthy. 
I don't even care. 

I'm still freaking out about the absolutely mind blowing performance he put into creating Smaug, oh my dragons it was brilliant. "I am fire, I am death!" As if Benedict himself had indeed transformed himself into a dragon. I believed it. Hell I'd have thrown myself into his fiery breath just to see it in real life. 
Unfortunately we are still limited to what we can create with CGI and a real life conjuring of Cumberbatch in dragon form is many years away, we can but wait.

I can only briefly touch on these few characters that have been so wonderfully and artfully brought to life by this incredible actor. 
So many others are worth time and deep thought and I have so much to say about each and every other. 
Another time. 
That is my last vow to you. 
You have not heard the last of my Cumberbabble. 

Cumbercookie for life.
Stacey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment