The thing is I don't think you can every be fully ready to never have a baby in your arms ever again. We always said If we could guarantee a baby boy we'd probably do it.
It's actually all Prince George's fault. He's just so cute.
Damn you Royal tour!!!
Damn you Royal tour!!!
I started to cluck.
You know you see a baby and you hear the ticking of that clock. Tick. Tick. Tick.
Well mine has stopped so now I just fluff up and get all clucky and giddy and I wanna squeeze their little faces and goo goo until I make everyone green and my husband positively anxious. I get the "don't even think about it look".
Then I think about baby names, what would I call my baby boy.
I decided on Augustus Grayson Clark.
Then I hear a "Hell NO!" from father duck and my bubble is burst and I come back to reality. Monster is in school next year so we'll be free and clear.
But I put a lot of thought into my name selection. I would want to choose names from my favourite books.
You wanna be a bit more creative than Edward Cullen (I'm not saying twilight is my favourite book, I'm not saying I didn't like it either) and a little bit more conservative Heathcliff.
Which gets me thinking, why aren't people a little more creative with their baby names? Look at Benedict Cumberbatch's parents, that is bravery my friends, they chose that name and gave him 2 middle names Timothy Carlton and he likes it!
I had Beetles name chosen when I was very young and she's actually name after a Monster off Sesame Street, back when my fangirling was pretty much all Jim Henson's The Muppets and Fraggle Rock!
Monster was named after a long and tedious "discussion" with Husband who is much more conservative than me when it comes to names. Her name turned out to be the number 1 baby name of 2010! If I could go back now I'd probably call her something like Hazel Grace or Khaleesi.
Had they been boys Beetle would have been Charlie and Monster would have been Ringo. I have a feeling Husband would have backed out of that at the last minute and our baby name feud would have gone on for eternity!
It's not like you can name your child The Doctor or The Master or even Stormageddon with out some scrutiny from the public.
Augustus Grayson you will probably never been born, but I thought about you alot.
You would have played guitar like your Daddy and you'd be very cool like mummy and wear black t-shirts with the Targaryen house sygil emblazoned on the front because Dragons are cool.
You'd believe that Gallifrey falls no more and you would cheer for Froddo when he casts the ring of Power into mount doom. I would read Harry Potter to you just like I do with Beetle and Monster and we'd discuss what type of Patronus you would have. I'd also have someone on my side when it's time to watch a family movie and I want to watch How to Train Your Dragon and the girls want to watch Frozen AGAIN!
I guess it's true that you will always want a little more than you have.
Happiness come in many forms and in my case it's in a Husband, a Beetle a Monster and stack of young adult novels I haven't had time to read yet.
Do I feel happy with the choices I've made?
I do Augustus, I do.



No comments:
Post a Comment