I did it again, only this time I forgot to cover my tracks. I "bought a book I didn't need". Those were the words he used.
Oh boy, I thought I was in big trouble for a minute there. Sitting on the table was the book Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I had bought it the day before Husband flew in from work and I hadn't remembered to put it away so there it was, sitting right in the middle of the table almost flashing like a beacon.
Look at me! Look at me!
I had failed myself.
You see I have special ways of buying books so they go unnoticed.
I do my research, like who has it cheapest, obviously because I can buy more books that way, does my local book store have any deals going on? Like 3 for the price of 2. How many points do I have on my booklovers card and how does that correlate into $$$ off?
The first way is to always wherever possible pay in cash.
Know what book you want, where you'll buy it from and how much it is and draw out that much extra when you do your grocery shopping, when you buy something from Target or Kmart get out extra cash while you are there.
Always think ahead.
Don't go running to the bookstore without a plan.
For starters do you really need that complete works of Arthur Conan Doyle work $130 when the power bill is due? Probably not.
I try to never go into the book store to just take a look, because i will come out with that beautifully illustrated Hard cover copy of the Hobbit that I just NEED and that my "kids" aka myself will love.
You have a copy of the Hobbit you do not need another. That is to be coveted until you can make your Husband believe it was his idea to by it for you as an off the cuff gift with a brand new TARDIS mug because you accidentally broke your other one.
It's the fastest way to get busted and be put on another eBay ban. (those are not fun.)
Next up, never ever ever use your Husbands Paypal account to buy books online.
Those tattle tales over at Paypal will immediately send your husband a receipt and through modern technology he will receive said email in seconds and you will be getting busted before you even have the book in your hands.
This also applies to buying books off of eBay. If you share an account with your Hubby then steer clear, unless you have permission.
Now if you are sensible and only buy books in moderation and not every other day then you will be fine and won't have to worry about where your next book are coming from.
It's an extreme case around here. For those of you like me, make sure you hide your purchases. You've gone to all this effort don't be a fool and leave it laying around for all to see.

So while I'm sending us all broke, giving a tree another life and sharpening my mind with reading I have a Husband who is only mildly agitated by my quirky habit and totally knows what I'm up to. So it's all for naught.
I guess I'll see you at the book store.
If you'd like to hear how I liked Fangirl throw me a comment and I'll let you know.
Laters!!
I had failed myself.
You see I have special ways of buying books so they go unnoticed.
I do my research, like who has it cheapest, obviously because I can buy more books that way, does my local book store have any deals going on? Like 3 for the price of 2. How many points do I have on my booklovers card and how does that correlate into $$$ off?
The first way is to always wherever possible pay in cash.
Know what book you want, where you'll buy it from and how much it is and draw out that much extra when you do your grocery shopping, when you buy something from Target or Kmart get out extra cash while you are there.
Always think ahead.
Don't go running to the bookstore without a plan.
For starters do you really need that complete works of Arthur Conan Doyle work $130 when the power bill is due? Probably not.
I try to never go into the book store to just take a look, because i will come out with that beautifully illustrated Hard cover copy of the Hobbit that I just NEED and that my "kids" aka myself will love.
You have a copy of the Hobbit you do not need another. That is to be coveted until you can make your Husband believe it was his idea to by it for you as an off the cuff gift with a brand new TARDIS mug because you accidentally broke your other one.
It's the fastest way to get busted and be put on another eBay ban. (those are not fun.)
Next up, never ever ever use your Husbands Paypal account to buy books online.
Those tattle tales over at Paypal will immediately send your husband a receipt and through modern technology he will receive said email in seconds and you will be getting busted before you even have the book in your hands.
This also applies to buying books off of eBay. If you share an account with your Hubby then steer clear, unless you have permission.
Now if you are sensible and only buy books in moderation and not every other day then you will be fine and won't have to worry about where your next book are coming from.
It's an extreme case around here. For those of you like me, make sure you hide your purchases. You've gone to all this effort don't be a fool and leave it laying around for all to see.
So while I'm sending us all broke, giving a tree another life and sharpening my mind with reading I have a Husband who is only mildly agitated by my quirky habit and totally knows what I'm up to. So it's all for naught.
I guess I'll see you at the book store.
If you'd like to hear how I liked Fangirl throw me a comment and I'll let you know.
Laters!!
No comments:
Post a Comment